Scene Worth a Sonnet!

Scene Worth a Sonnet!
(From Bob & Nancy's files)

Friday, February 19, 2010

Early March


Early March! These are the days when memories stir in my mind. Spring sun glowing, soft warm rays, searching and then the canyon finds. Truly those were days of joy. Going barefoot in the sand -mattered not whether with girl or boy We walked together hand in hand and climbed the cliffs of salmon red for flowers in the sunlit cave. ‘Cliff Flowers’, rare, so they said. Slippery path! We must be brave! Home we’d go, a bouquet for mom and one for Auntie Iva. Shiny eyes – a happy song. It was Spring – best time of the year.

2 comments:

Joni said...

Ohhhhhh.............I miss my childhood days in Southern Utah sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Oh, I just LOVE this one! It makes me want to go back to the delicious days of childhood when all was sunshine and happiness. You are such a splendid writer. You should write, write, write.